Anglo Holt Construction Ltd awarded Woodfellas complete restoration and refurbishment of the Carpentry and Joinery works to this Grade II listed building in 2003. The Manor underwent urgent repair to its external and internal dwellings, the buildings famous tower and bell tower was also rebuilt to its original state. Today, this is one of the Midlands architectural masterpieces and now home to new business across the region.
£6 Million refurbishment of Manor House and all extensions.
Restoration of existing staircases, stair strings and Newell posts.
Complete strengthening of traditional roofing members and leaded valleys. Construction of new traditional roofs on various parts of the manor and out buildings.
All floors were strengthened or replaced with new joists to accommodate weight loading to British standard regulations.
New Stair case and handrails traditionally installed to match original.
Door frame lining casings and doors were made to specific original design and installed with traditional methods.
Over the years since its construction in 1873, the manor has been extended out into various buildings for different uses through its history. There is also a courtyard which has been restored to its original state in the middle of the buildings with a small canopy running the length linking all the main buildings. There are five smaller individual buildings which were originally used as stables, today they have been converted into offices for various businesses. All of these buildings have had the same restoration treatment required to make them as traditional as possible and also complying with health, safety and fire regulations.
Building work started in 1873 completed 1874, classified Grade II listed; Coleshill manor was described in the 1890's Kelly's Directory as 'a noble mansion of brick with bath stone dressings built in the Elizabethan style'. The mansion is set in 200 acres of tree, park and farm lane. It was owned by the Wingfield-Digby family, the lords of the manor of Coleshill. The total cost of construction for the complete building was £19,410, 4 shillings and 10 pence.
Commercial contract completed on time and budget February 2004.